Spiritual & Health Benefits
An intentionally short synopsis of Paripurna Navasana benefits – physical & spiritual
Health Benefits of Navasana
- Strengthens and tones abdominal muscles, shoulders, hip flexors, and the spine
- Improves balance
- Stimulates kidneys, intestines, prostate, and thyroid
- Facilitates better circulation
- Balances the Root Chakra (“Mūlādhāra“) – The root chakra is most associated with survival and fight or flight. It is the “root” to life, such as dealing with stability, security, our basic needs. Some indications of blockage include: anxiety disorders, fear, panic attacks, worry, overthinking, depression, nightmares, emotionally disconnected, disconnected from the body, anger/rage.
- Helps balance Sacral Chakra – Historically, the sacred chakra has been associated with the ability to “feel” the world around you, and other places it has been associated with emotions (positive and negative – esp. negative being held in the form of tension), sensuality, sexuality, and motivation.
(Note on wording: Please understand that the term “opening” is understood to be a colloquial saying to signify the successive attempt through yoga to elongate and strengthen ligaments and muscles by means of a consistent practice. “Opening” is not meant, in any way. to signify immediate or sudden awakening-like feelings or energy.)